Hand2Note Massively Slowing Down my PokerStars Play

• Hand2Note is making my PokerStars slow down a lot. So much so that there's a easily noticle lag when pressing the bet sizing buttons and just the action in general. It's like the Stars is freezing for a few seconds. I know the problem isn't PokerStars because it runs way better with Hold'em Manager 2, and especially good when I don't have any HUD running at all. What can I do?

Thanks,
    Stephen

• Global Moderator

Please, follow these steps:

1. Change the size of text and other items on your screen by choosing Smaller(100%) option (Control Panel --> Display)
    1. Check that you have installed all the latest updates for Windows.
    1. Update your video card drivers.
    1. Change your video card settings for maximum performance.

• I've done the first 3 things correctly and my video card doesn't have an option for "maximum performance." My PokerStars is still slowing down, freezing, etc. What else can I do?

• I've gone through a ton of back and forth with Stars support for a number of days, uninstalling, reinstalling, etc. but nothing has changed. However, today I noticed that it's happening on regular tables and not zoom. The zoom tables I'm playing I have next to no hand samples for the players and it runs smoothly. Once I switch to regular tables where I have large (20k-150k) hand samples on players then everything starts to slow down and lag. Hopefully this is helpful information for you so it can give you an idea as to what the problem is, and hopefully a solution. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,
    Stephen

• Global Moderator

We can't reproduce the problem described. Please, provide us with a visual representation of the problem:

1. Enable logging in Configuration -> Other Options -> Logging (You can remove old log files in the folder C:\Program Files\Hand2Note\logs to reduce the size of an archive.)

2. Reproduce the problem.

3. Archive the folder with Hand2Note and send to us by email to support@hand2note.com with a link to your message on the forum.

4. Please, make a short video where we can see a bug. This will help us a lot to reproduce the problem.

You can use any convenient file sharing service, for example, http://www.dropbox.com/, if the file exceeds 15MB

• have same problem, any idea how to fix ?

• I've completed step 4 by making 2 short videos. One shows the problem I'm having on regular tables with large hand samples and everything is lagging. The other is showing that there is no lagging for Zoom tables where I have very low hand samples. For step 1, my logging has always been enabled. About steps 2 and 3, I don't understand exactly what you want me to do when you say "reproduce the problem" and "archive the folder." Can you please explain in further detail how I'm supposed to complete steps 2 and 3.

• Global Moderator

In step 2, you just need to reproduce again the problem you are talking about.
    In step 3, you can use any software for archiving files, for example 7-Zip

• I replied 2 days ago to an email support sent me. I want to make sure you guys got that.

Looks like your connection to Hand2Note was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.