Hand2note not starting

• Dear Team. I am trying to start the hand2note. It is not starting and hanging on the connect to server page.

• It is working with the basic installation
    • If I am updating the hand2note it stop working
    • I tried to restart my computer
    • I tried to restart my router

No luck:(
    My current IP: 84.1.100.166 maybe you can find some lgos
    (I am using windows 7 x64)

• Global Moderator

Please, follow next steps:

1. Check that you have installed all the latest updates for Windows 7.

2. Check that you have installed Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6

3. Uninstall Hand2Note.

4. After the uninstallation has finished please delete all program files from the install directory (default folder is located in C:\Program Files).

5. Reinstall Hand2Note.

Then, run Hand2Note as administrator and check whether the issue persists.

• keepcalm said:

Please, follow next steps:

1. Check that you have installed all the latest updates for Windows 7.

2. Check that you have installed Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6

3. Uninstall Hand2Note.

4. After the uninstallation has finished please delete all program files from the install directory (default folder is located in C:\Program Files).

5. Reinstall Hand2Note.

Then, run Hand2Note as administrator and check whether the issue persists.

Thank you for the quick answer

1. we have been pushed the upgrade to windows 10, and we did all the upgrades what is necessery
    2. yes it is there, but we will doublecheck and reinstall
    3. it was done 3 times
    4. yip... we did it also deleted everything from users/appdata/roaming folder
    5. yip... and everything is working like charm. But, we we upgrade the hand2note from version 3.4 to further, it stuck at the connecting to server screen.

My guess was it is related with firewall, but we turned off everything, also we eliminated the router, and go directly to the internet
    Also it is not ISP related, the house over the street using h2n like charm with a same ISP

But we will try point 2., also will try to create a new windows user, also will try to run as administrator.

• No luck, after the update it is not working. Also we have been restarted the router, but no luck

I have been tried to trace this ip:40.68.153.223

pasteboard.co/fAxdjsEPh.png

I do recieve a different route (but still azure enviroment) if I am tracing it from the wrong computer, and than a working computer...

Could you doublecheck maybe the ip has been blacklisted somehow:

Also tried to create a new user under windows, with a brand new clean install (again the basic install is working, it is not working after i do the upgrade, stuck at the connect to server screen)

• Oke, I mitigated the issue. If I am using the "old" server IP address of the original version it is working, if I am using the new IP address, which is coming with the update it is not working on the given computer. So it is a network related issue, kindly ask you to investigate
    Right now I have been overwrited the server.txt file with the old version

• Global Moderator

Thank you for so detailed report. I will forward the information to our development department for investigation.

• Now the old server is not working either... We are trying to change the ISP, but I really not know what is causing this ban... and it is only on 1 machine...:(
    Did you have time to investigate this one?

Thank you!

• Global Moderator

Check it once again, please.

• We have been ask the ISP to put the IP as public (it was hidden or what I am not sure) anyhow, it seems now working properly. So it was handled by the ISP, but I am glad if you have been checked it out from your end!
    Thx as always!

Looks like your connection to Hand2Note was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.