No more stat IDs

• Appears I ran out of stat IDs.

I have deleted a large of amount of stats but still software doesn't function correctly. I can't create a new stat or open config menu without a crash.

System.InvalidOperationException: Corrupted filter : new name2 ---> System.Exception: No more ids 65535
    at Hand2NoteCore.Model.ShortIdRepository.CreateNewShortId()
    at Hand2NoteCore.Model.ShortIdRepository.GetShortId(Int32 longId)
    at Hand2NoteCore.Model.FilterIdRepository.GetShort(Int32 longId)
    at Hand2NoteCore.FilterCheckProxyConverter.Convert(Filter filter)
    --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
    at Hand2NoteCore.FilterEditor.TestFilterViewModel.B()
    at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
    at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
    at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
    at Hand2NoteCore.FilterEditor.TestFilterViewModel.A.MoveNext()
    --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
    at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
    at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
    Inner exception
    System.Exception: No more ids 65535
    at Hand2NoteCore.Model.ShortIdRepository.CreateNewShortId()
    at Hand2NoteCore.Model.ShortIdRepository.GetShortId(Int32 longId)
    at Hand2NoteCore.Model.FilterIdRepository.GetShort(Int32 longId)

I guess since the stats are deleted I need a way to reset available stat IDs to resume proper functionality.

• Hi, try reinstalling H2N http://hand2note.com/Help/pages/Troubleshooting/Reinstallation/

--------------------------------------
    alt text

• I tried reinstall and adding files slowly from scratch before posting.

Seems there is an upper limit on the number of definitions that H2N will run with, and it's possibly below the 65k limit implied by the error message.

Alternative is that a bad stat is causing the crash (rather than volume of stats). Or it could be volume of stats within an individual folder rather than overall volume of stats.

In the past my mind would have boggled at the thought of one stat crashing the entire application, but I've already managed proof of concept for other similar bugs where one small change can destroy the entire application.

So not really sure what to believe at this stage.

Looks like your connection to Hand2Note was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.