H2N Crashes

• Hi have you tried running H2N on another PC?

--------------------------------------
    alt text

• Here are the answers to the questions ya'll have asked.

1. H2N 3.3.1.20
    2. I currently play on PokerstarsNJ, and Americas Card Room
    3. I play low limit cash games and some tournaments
    4. Yes I have added the the "GT New Simple Cash Game HUD" , also the "Death Star 6 Max Cash Game HUD", also the "Venom Cash Game HUD" package

No this computer is the only computer that I have ever installed H2N on. I recently had to factory reset my computer to see if this would clear the issue but outside of re-downloading H2N on this computer again.... then no I haven't downloaded it on another device. Hope all this info helps!

• try to cut alll filter definitions from config/filter definition
    / paste in other place

turn on h2n / go to configure - save all options you need

turn off h2n / paste back all filter definitions....

This is normall BUG ( I report it 1 year ago....) It is caused cos you use too much filter definitions...

yes 1 year and nobody fix it....

• Try to check that issue on default config after Hand2Note reinstall - https://hand2note.com/Help/pages/Troubleshooting/Reinstallation/
    Yes, most of the times it happens on big packages and that issue should be fixed in Hand2Note 4

• I don't really get time to use H2N any more, I just spend all my time investigating this bug. Pretty disappointed with the lack of professionalism here. It's all very well to assume everything will be fixed in H2N 4, but we are paying money for software we are using NOW and some sort of working product is expected.

I'm not sure whether the issue is caused by too many filters. I wonder if it's more a case that the more files one has, the more likely one is to trigger this bug.

Here were my observations.

H2N is initially at a state where the config menu is opening.
    I had a hud profile, lets called it 'myprofile'. Any time I would delete this profile, H2N would start crashing in the config menu. If I transfer the 'myprofile' file back, H2N starts working again. Removing a file was hence causing the crash, H2N was treating this 'myprofile' profile like it's some sort of dependency.

I was able to rename 'myprofile' and the H2N would continue crash free. I was able to delete some of the stats from 'myprofile', but if I deleted all of them, the crashes would start again.

After renaming 'myprofile' it was still showing up in 'Game Types' under the original name even after being renamed. H2N for some reason is really attached to this file and won't work without it.

Point is, maybe it has nothing to do with the amount of filters. Unless of course, this is a completely separate bug that just so happens to cause the same crash.

• Try to reinstalll your H2N step-by-step and check with default config: http://hand2note.com/Help/pages/Troubleshooting/Reinstallation/

• Hi, I recommend making backups of the entire Hand2Note folder more often. In case of serious bugs, it will be possible to rollback to the latest working version of H2N.

alt text

• Arts said:

Try to reinstalll your H2N step-by-step and check with default config: http://hand2note.com/Help/pages/Troubleshooting/Reinstallation/

This is not a solution. It's avoidance of the problem.

I want to understand why H2N config menu crashes without the presence of a particular HUD profile. Why is it so reliant on that file in order to run correctly. What type of queries are going on behind the scenes to cause the software to crash without access to a random HUD profile.

• gt-hud said:

Hi, I recommend making backups of the entire Hand2Note folder more often. In case of serious bugs, it will be possible to rollback to the latest working version of H2N.

alt text

Thanks for the suggestion. I have been doing this anyway for the last 6 months or so. Frankly, there is no choice unless someone has hundreds of hours to waste rebuilding everything.

• Please, send your Config with this HUD profile to support@hand2note.com , I will check it.

Looks like your connection to Hand2Note was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.