Connecting to server...

• Hello,

I bought the software yesterday. I was able to launch it while in trial. Yet, as soon as I had bought it, the next time I tried to restart it, I was unable to pass the "Connecting to server..." screen. I haven't made any configuration changes at all, so I'm suspecting that this might well be related to your servers.

Here's a printscreen: so that there are no confusions.

Please let me know how to solve this.

P.S. Your support e-mail doesn't work either. Every e-mail I tried to send gets bounced.

• Delete file appoptions from folder C:\Program Files\Hand2Note and then enter you key again. If problem still exists, tell me your email, registered on our site.

• Sometimes it works, sometimes it doens't.

I tried your method of deleting appoptions, doesn't change anything. I had this problem also while in trial, but then suddenly one day I was able to start the program, so I figured you guys had issues with your servers, and had fixed it. So I bought a subscription, but the next day, it is the same.

Then, some days it works, and some days it doesn't work. 1/3 days it works, and 2/3 days, it doesn't work. I think there is an issue with your servers? It says "connecting to server" after all?

• What version of H2N have you installed?

• Hand2Note version:

• Please update to the latest version.

• Do I have to re-install the software? It seems I am unable to update the software through within Hand2Note. If your installer file doesn't include the latest version, then re-downloading and re-installing will not make a difference.

I'm currently re-downloading the installer file, but your uploading servers are painfully slow.

This is the error message I get when trying to update:

It basically says that it has lost connection to the server and then a bunch of mumbo-jumbo for a muggle like me.

• I managed to update. The issue doesn't go away.

• Global Moderator

Do you use a VPN connection on your PC?

• No, I do not.

• Global Moderator

Please, provide us with the additional information.

1. Enable logging in Configuration -> Other Options -> Logging
    2. Reproduce the problem
    3. Archive the folder with Hand2Note and send to us by email to with a link to your message on the forum.

You can use any convenient file sharing service, for example,, if the file exceeds 15MB

Looks like your connection to Hand2Note was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.