Hand2Note problems

• Change the size of text and other items on your screen by choosing Smaller(100%) option (Control Panel --> Display)
    Already used

Check that you have installed all the latest updates for Windows.
    Already installed

Update your video card drivers.
    Done

Change your video card settings for maximum performance.
    Done

The problem didnt dissapeared. Yes its little bit faster overall but not as required and the root cause remain. Also H2N cant be closed and needs to be killed. So this is not only performance issue.

• Hi guys

Do you need some logs or configuration?

• Global Moderator

Unfortunately, only one thing I can advise additionally. Please add Hand2Note to exceptions of your anti-virus software. If it does not help you should look for problems in your computer's settings.

• I reinstall whole H2N, but it didnt help that much, ok whatever I can close the H2N every lets say 30 minut during the session as it getting slower and slower during the time.

Can you at least try to investigate why the hand2note cannot be closed properly and the process Hand2Note.exe is has to be killed from task manager?

• Global Moderator

Please try to proceed a full reinstallation of Hand2Note and your database.

Follow the next steps:

1. Check that you have installed all latest updates for Windows

2. Remove database. By default, it is located in the next folder:

C:\Users\ <YourUsername>\AppData\Roaming\Hand2Note\h2ndb

3. If you need to save your settings, copy Config and Notes folders in a safe place before uninstalling Hand2Note:

http://hand2note.com/Help/Index/MovingConfig

1. Uninstall Hand2Note.

2. After the uninstallation has finished please delete all files from the install directory (default folder is located in C:\Program Files\Hand2Note).

3. Install the latest version of Hand2Note:

http://www.hand2note.com/

4. Register your license key in Configuration->Other Options->License

Then, run Hand2Note in the default configuration and check whether the issue persists.

• What about the DB after reinstallation? Should I copy it back to the h2ndb folder? I have like 2 milions of hands.

• Global Moderator

First, you can try to reinstall without removing the database.
    If you delete your database then you need to reimport hand histories from an archive.

• So I did reinstall whole H2N and import hands from my HH's.
    H2N is working significantly faster but at the end of the session (I believe after some hands are imported) it cannot be closed and has to be killed from task manager.
    Maybe it is somehow related with postgres.exe which remain also hanging.

• Global Moderator

Could you take a screenshot of your settings for Configuration->Database?

• There is only 1 DB located in default folder

0_1520986899763_screenshot.25.jpg

• I try to describe H2N behaviour after reinstalling - its working perfect after h2N is opened and is working fine during session first 1-2 hours but then its getting slower and slower and after all its not responding...
    Really no idea what could help. I have 16GB of RAM and intel i-7 CPR 3.5GHz so there should be no problem with performance of my PC also there are no viruses detected.
    Is it normal that there are multiple postgres.exe processes running?
    Would you like some logs from the session?

• Homer said:

I try to describe H2N behaviour after reinstalling - its working perfect after h2N is opened and is working fine during session first 1-2 hours but then its getting slower and slower and after all its not responding...
    Really no idea what could help. I have 16GB of RAM and intel i-7 CPR 3.5GHz so there should be no problem with performance of my PC also there are no viruses detected.
    Is it normal that there are multiple postgres.exe processes running?
    Would you like some logs from the session?

I have the same problem. Did you find a solution ?

Looks like your connection to Hand2Note was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.